Our client, a leading technology company with a mission to keep the Internet free and open by making it simple and safe to buy and sell advertising, is seeking a Video Project Manager to join the team. As an industry pioneer in advertising automation technology, they enable trillions of advertising requests each month, while improving consumer experiences.
We're looking to bring on a Senior to Principle Software Engineer and join our client's Infrastructure Engineering team. You will have the opportunity to work on backend java components (focused on processing big data - either on a new database or API interfaces (requests mainly from our client's website); building out a spring framework (Jenkins for continuous integration, builds and deployments); in addition, to working on a new data engine and replacing a legacy data engine.
Senior Software Engineer, Data
San Francisco, California or Los Angeles, California (full-time)
- Be an end-to-end owner of software services spanning technology boundaries
- Translate business requirements into technical designs and project plans
- Build java products (diagnose, complete web requests, understand how data moves down the pipe)
- Respond to feature requests, bug reports, performance issues, and ad-hoc questions
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams to deliver quality software
- Perform code reviews and design reviews
- Support operations with deployments, debugging production issues and tuning applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Comp Science, Math, Engineering, or Technology field (or equivalent professional experience) desirable; or, 3 years with advanced degree.
- 5+ years of overall software development experience including a minimum of 2 years of core Java back-end using Java threading and concurrency
- Production experience with Aerospike and other key/value stores (memcache, Redis)
- Production experience using Kafka or other enterprise scale messaging systems
- Production experience with NoSQL systems (Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra)
- Experience with automated testing frameworks (TDD, Mocking, Unit/Functional/Integration)
- Experience with development and continuous integration tools: maven, git, Jenkins, Puppet, Crucible, Jira, Confluence