Our client, a leading electronic commerce and cloud computing company is searching for a Senior Software Engineer to work within their Marketplace technology unit. You will have experience leading projects/product development or other IT initiatives, as well as experience with Object Oriented Programming.
Senior Software Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and architect major application software and user experience solutions on platforms, Java, and Linux
- Lead projects, provide mentorship and code reviews
- Fully understand system interdependencies.
- Be responsible for software architecture including current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems,
- Prepare technical requirements, software design specifications and other forms of architectural documentation
- Assist in the career development of colleagues, mentoring individuals on technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members
What you bring:
- 7- 10+ years of software engineering experience, with experience leading large-scale projects
- Ability to work autonomously, and understand system architecture
- Broad knowledge of Java, Linux, SOA, operating system principles, and programming best practices.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices
- Experience mentoring/training an engineering community on complex technical issues
- Experience with EC2, NoSQL databases, or AWS is a plus
- Bachelors Degree or Masters in Computer Science or related field.