Our client, a video game development studio located in the San Francisco Bay area, is looking to add a VFX Artist to support the rapid growth of their studio. They have a state of the art facility, industry leading team members, and are creating the next generation of an award winning game.
Full Time - San Francisco, California
- Work with new animation technology surrounding FPS genre using proprietary technologies;
- Creating the visual elements of a game (create imagery that is impossible to film); including, sparkles, explosions, rippling water, and fire;
- Posses a critical eye and appreciation of digital art production;
- Basic color theory, composition, modeling, texture, rigging, and shaders;
- Must be able to troubleshoot; be a problem solver;
- Work with all levels of game designers;
- Working with Level Designers and Team Leads to create FX for stunning environments and compelling moments.
- Have the ability to create narrative-driven animation to embrace the nature of the cinema;
- 4 + years of next-gen visual effects development on console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC);
- Mentor other VFX Artists;
- Knowledge of the limitations and expectations of next generation hardware;
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya, Photoshop, After Effects and comfort with one or more scripting/programming languages;
- An intimate knowledge of Art skills (e.g. knowledge of composition, color, 3d modeling and painting);
- Advanced understanding of the limitations of runtime effects and how to get the best results.
Nice to haves:
- Strong background in modeling, animation and/or traditional art;
- Specialty post-production work for game cinematics;
- Ability to assist with other art tasks, including light 2d, 3d, or concept tasks;
- Strong understanding of real-time physics system;
- Secondary education, Bachelors of Fine arts or equivalent.
Sound like you & piqued your interest? Great, apply today.